Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
LA Craft Beer Crawl
Saturday, August 13, 2011 from 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM (PDT)
Los Angeles, CA
This event WILL sell out so get your tickets now!
Here is a list of just SOME of the breweries that are participating!
Maui Brewing co.
Nibble Bit Tabby
North Coast Brewing
MORE TO COME...
The Craft Beer Lovers Event of the Summer!
The second annual LA Craft Beer Crawl takes place on Saturday August 13th benefiting the “Heal the Bay” charity. Attendees will have well over 50 craft beers to sample across seven different bars and restaurants all within close proximity in Downtown Los Angeles. The event is a collaboration between Cedd Moses of 213 Ventures ( www.213nightlife.com ) and Hallie Beaune and Christina Perozzi also known as “The Beer Chicks.” The beer selection will be curated by The Beer Chicks, beer personalities and authors of The Naked Pint: An Unadulterated Guide to Craft Beer and the website www.TheBeerChicks.com. The event will feature some of the top Craft and Artisanal Brewers in the Country!
The LA Craft Beer Crawl is also proud to have Evan Kleiman involved with the festival curating a delectable list of food trucks to be stationed along the crawl route. Evan is the owner and executive chef of one of LA's favorite restaurants, Angeli Caffe, and best-selling author of numerous cookbooks, including "Cucina Fresca" and "Pasta Fresca." She is the host of Good Food on KCRW, 89.9fm and kcrw.com
A portion of the proceeds will go to “Heal the Bay.” A non-profit organization dedicated to making Southern California waters healthy, safe, and clean. Heal the Bay uses research, education, community action and advocacy to improve the quality and health of oceans, watersheds and neighborhoods throughout Los Angeles County. Their policy work also benefits beach lovers throughout the state.
HOW IT WORKS:
1) Choose if you would like the General Admission Ticket or VIP ticket. The regular hours of the event are from 3 to 8pm. The VIP ticket gains you entry into the festival at 1pm. Only a limited number of VIP tickets will be sold so you will be able to enjoy the festival more intimately as well as enjoy more exlcusive beers.
2) Print out your tickets and bring them to one of the 2 check in areas at Broadway Bar (830 S. Broadway) or at Casey's Irish Pub (613 S. Grand).
3) Present your ticket to get scanned at the check in points, and also your ID to prove you are 21 and over. You will then recieve your own personal 6oz real glass tasting glass that you will keep all day along with a map showing what beers are located at what bars and how to get to each of them.
4) Plan out your route by location or by importantce of what breweries you want to enjoy. Dont forget to check out the food trucks along the way!
5) Enjoy the rest of the day bouncing between bars and sampling the huge array of rare and special beers, along with some of your old time favorites.
6) All the bars will open to the public right at 8 so feel free to stick around.
7) Get home safely! Plan ahead by taking a cab or the metro, the red line takes you right to the center of the crawl route!
Intrepid urban explorers and nighttime revelers, seek no more: 213, the first nightlife developer to stake a claim in Historic Downtown Los Angeles, has created nine distinctive bars set in re-imagined architectural gems, increasing your nocturnal wanderlust and entertainment possibilities:
Seven Grand, a premium whiskey bar built from the bones of the landmark Brock & Co. Jewelers building; Golden Gopher, a laid-back luxe lounge featuring vintage video games, a jukebox pumping with cuts from Muddy Waters to X, and liquor-to-go; Broadway Bar, a glamorous, 40s inspired, multi-tiered cocktail lounge; Casey's, a treasured Irish tap serving traditional pub fare and the West's largest selection of Irish whiskies & pints; Cole's, Originators of the French Dip, celebrated century old landmark saloon and home of the Red Car Bar and acclaimed classic cocktail outpost, The Varnish; the country's first artisan-crafted tequila and premium mezcal bar, Las Perlas, at Sixth & Main in the historic Sante Fe building; Caña Rum Bar, just steps from Staples Center in the freshly minted South Park neighborhood, and Tony's Saloon, serving the deepest spirits list in the Arts District.
The Beer Chicks are Christina Perozzi and Hallie Beaune; Beer Sommeliers, Consultants and Authors of The Naked Pint: An Unadulterated Guide To Craft Beer, and the upcoming The Naked Brewer: Fearless Homebrewing, Tips, Tricks and Rule-breaking Recipes (Oct., 2012, Penguin, NY). The Chicks have recently appeared as Beer Experts on Fox's Hell's Kitchen, The Cooking Channel's Food(ography), and as hosts in their own special, Eat This, Drink That on The Cooking Channel. They have talked beer on KCRW's Good Food and on foodie radio show The Sporkful. They have appeared on the pages of Pasadena Magazine, the LA Times, The Celebrator, Beer West, Imbibe and online at ehow, forbes.com, Thrillist, Urban Daddy, Tasting Table and many others. They have created unique beer lists at bars and restaurants all over LA and have hosted beer tastings, classes and dinners in foodie favorite spots all over the country. They write about all things craft beer at their website www.thebeerchicks.com They live by the motto: Beer Is Good.
Your message has been sent!
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.